Friday, October 14, 2011

Binge Studying

I have experienced something completely new in the past 48 hours. I have been studying for my Chemistry midterm on Monday and it is mind boggling how people can choose not to study for such an important exam, but then I realized something. People have an extreme amount of trouble focusing on any given topic because as I mentioned in a previous entry our attention spans our shortening because of the amount of information we have available to us too vast for us to break it down enough so that we can retain all the information. So for the past two days every spare moment was spent reviewing chemistry from polarization to dilution and stoichiometry. I had never really had the need to study in high school but college is a different beast altogether and I wanted to make sure I was prepared and I started to enjoy studying and not only that but it angered me when people would interrupt me from studying so I haven't been the most social person to be around for a couple days but the pay off is worth it in the end. I have a new understanding for chemistry as well as a refreshed sense of what it means to actually study. So if you have finals, spread your studying to the course of weeks rather than a one night cram session, it really helps in the end and it gives you less to worry about when in this world there is already plenty to make you worry. Well that's all for now I have to get to Chem Lab - Sincerely alex the adamant

1 comment:

  1. I realized the same my second year, I had to did it the first but well...better later than never.

    ReplyDelete